But new volunteers still get intimidated by the church nursery. Fear not! For Behold! I give you the top ten myths about a church nursery.
- Just because an adult enters a nursery doesn’t automatically guarantee they will get the flu, a stomach virus, or just general case of the “ick.”
- There is not, nor has there ever been a dirty diaper with your name on it.
- You’re allowed to eat the snacks as long as you give them to the children first.
- If you don’t know the lyrics to Jesus Loves Me, don’t sweat it. Everybody only knows the first verse any way.
- It’s not true there are bio hazard suits for the really messy diapers. (sorry about that one).
- When somebody calls a baby “a walker,” it does not mean the child has become a zombie.
- You can leave once the parents come for their children. It’s not the Hotel California.
- Yes, we admit those baby activity centers are fun to play with. It’s okay for the workers to play with them too.
- Though diaper bags are large, mysterious containers full of magic, no child has ever gone missing in one of them.
- When you have a baby smile at you, the whole hour is definitely worth it!
So tell us, nursery workers, what are some myths you discovered about working in the the nursery?